By this point, most of us have heard of Lavender and use it in some capacity. Why is Lavender so popular? Did you know that Lavender is the world’s most popular essential oil? Here are some awesome things about Lavender you probably didn’t know…
- There are 39 different types of Lavender, however Lavender Angustifolia produces the highest quality essential oil. (It is the only type Skinny & Co. uses.)
- Lavender is optimally grown and distilled at high altitudes (above 2500 ft.)
- Growing and extracting Lavender at high altitude results in higher levels of the compounds responsible for lavender’s calming effects, known as Esters. (Skinny & Co. only uses high altitude Lavender from alpine France)
- Lavender oil is an effective treatment for anxiety and depression.A
- When placed on the neck and chest (where it can be inhaled), Lavender has shown to have remarkable benefits for diabetics and pre-diabetes patients’ blood glucose levels.1
- Lavender Angustifolia has been shown to be an effective treatment for postpartum depression.2
- When placed on the face, Lavender oil inhibits bacterial growth and regulates over-excretion of sebum. Lavender oil is nature’s acne treatment.3
We have a love affair with Lavender here at Skinny & Co. and we use it in 5 of our formulas:
- Calming Facial Oil – Formulated with Lavender to promote a deep sense of relaxation after a long day when you remove your make-up and moisturize the skin.
- Clarifying Facial Oil – Formulated with Lavender to inhibit bacterial growth, regulate sebum production, and promote healing.
- Lavender Deodorant – A gentle formula, made for the most sensitive skin, that keeps you smelling fresh without any of the harsh chemicals found in traditional deodorants.
- Whipped Body Butter – Formulated with Lavender that is full of antioxidants which helps to detoxify the skin. It’s the perfect texture for all-over the body use.
- Lavender Orange Shampoo Bar – Formulated with Lavender to help promote hair growth (which Lavender is known to do when used for extended periods on the scalp!)
Lavender has become our go-to essential oil. Its vast number of effective uses makes it one of the most important essential oils to incorporate into your daily life. Each one of these products uses Lavender in a unique and beneficial way. Give them a try and let us know how Lavender has impacted your skin!
To read about the benefits of Peppermint Essential Oil, click here.