New Year, New You Tip 6: Chicken Enchilada Stuffed Spaghetti Squash Recipe
This healthy 5-ingredient spaghetti squash recipe is a satisfying low-carb alternative to taco night and something your friends, family, and person will love!
Ingredients (serves 4):
- 2 8-ounce boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons Skinny & Co. Coconut Oil
- 1 2½- to 3-pound spaghetti squash, halved lengthwise and seeded
- 1¼ cups red enchilada sauce
- 1 medium zucchini, diced
- 1 cup shredded pepper Jack cheese
Preparation (ready in 50min):
- Preheat oven to 450ºF.
- Place chicken in a medium saucepan, add water and 1 tablespoon coconut oil to cover and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to low and gently simmer until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part registers 165ºF.
- Transfer the chicken to a clean cutting board and shred with 2 forks. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Meanwhile, put coconut oil in the squash and place squash cut-side down on a baking sheet on parchment paper. Bake for 25-30 minutes until flesh is tender.
- Use a fork to scrape the squash from the shells into the large bowl. Place the shells on a broiler-safe pan. Stir 1 cup enchilada sauce, zucchini, ½ teaspoon pepper and ¼ teaspoon salt into the squash and chicken. Divide the mixture between the shells; top with the remaining ¼ cup enchilada sauce and cheese.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until cheese begins to brown.
- Slice in 4ths and enjoy :)
This original recipe was found at eatingwell.com
Picture compliments of Countryliving.com.