Skinny & Co. Coconut Oil Fixes
We all know Skinny & Co. coconut oil is amazing when combined with essential oils, but Skinny & Co. coconut oil on it’s own has a multitude of uses! Some may seem strange, but they work! Here are 10 different ways to use your Skinny.
- Energy Boost – Eating a spoonful a day can help increase metabolism! The unique saturated fat in coconut oil is converted into clean energy and easily utilized by the body.
- Tattoo Ointment – Tattoos heal best when the area is kept moisturized and clean! Rub in a little Skinny & Co. coconut oil to keep the area around your new ink nourished and speed up the healing process.
- Diaper Rash – A little Skinny & Co. coconut oil can help sooth irritation on your little one’s bum – and you’ll rest assured you are using a product that is completely natural and chemical free!
- Insect Bites – Skinny & Co. coconut oil can help ease inflamed areas and aid in the healing process.
- WD-40 – Seriously.
- Deep Moisturizer – Skin issues like eczema and psoriasis leave skin red, itchy and dehydrated. Skinny & Co. coconut oil can restore moisture to the damaged areas.
- Increase Sun Tolerance – When exposed to the sun for short periods of time, Skinny & Co. coconut oil can help increase tolerance and avoid burns. It is also excellent for after sun care. Hello summer glow!
- Conditioning Hair Mask – Rub into dry hair, put a shower cap on and leave for several hours (or overnight!) before washing out. Your hair will never have felt so soft and conditioned!
- Season Cast Iron – We love cooking and baking with non-toxic cast iron! Using a towel, rub Skinny & Co. coconut oil around the pan, coating it entirely. In an oven heated to 325, bake the pan for 1-2 hours. For maintenance, wipe down your cast iron with Skinny after every use.
- Natural Bug Repellent – Use Skinny & Co. coconut oil as a carrier oil for aromatic essential oils like eucalyptus, lemon, tea tree and peppermint to naturally deter mosquitos and other bugs.
What are your favorite non-traditional uses for coconut oil? Share them with us on Facebook and Instagram!