Are you on the hunt for the perfect any time snack or appetizer? You’re in luck!
The secret ingredient? Skinny Coconut Oil! Use it to make the kale pesto creamy while also providing a unique, subtle sweetness to the savory tomato and goat cheese preparation. Find the recipe below.
Kale pesto, sun-dried tomato and goat cheese toastinis
1/3 cup walnuts
3 cups kale, finely chopped and loosely packed
1 punch Kosher salt
½ cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
1 cup Skinny Coconut Oil, melted over very low heat to preserve
¼ teaspoon lemon juice
3 garlic cloves
18 sun-dried tomatoes, jarred and soaked in olive oil
11 oz. log of goat cheese, sliced into 18 pieces (approximately 1 teaspoon each)
Fresh, crunchy baguette
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Toast the walnuts in a dry skillet until lightly browned. Then, add the walnuts, kale, salt, lemon juice, and garlic to a food processor. Slowly add the Skinny Coconut Oil as well, pulsing to incorporate. Stir in parmesan cheese to finish the kale pesto.
- Slice the baguette into 18 pieces and place them on a baking sheet that has been lined with parchment paper or aluminum foil. Place the baking sheet in the oven for approximately 5 minutes, until the baguette slices are slightly toasted.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven, and spread approximately ½ tablespoon of kale pesto on each baguette slice. Next, place a sun-dried tomato on top of the pesto. Then, top the sun-dried tomato with goat cheese.
- Finally, bake your toastinis until the cheese is bubbly and the bread is lightly toasted, approximately 10 minutes. Serve, and enjoy!