Looking to lose a few pounds, or just maintain a healthy weight? Check out the 20 most weight loss friendly foods ! Don't starve yourself, just eat right!
1. Eggs- Eggs are making a comeback! Although they have gotten a bad wrap, whole eggs are actually one of the best foods you can eat if you are trying to trim your figure. High in fats, protein, and very filling without packing on calories. Another great feature- eggs are densely packed with nutrients to keep you going!
2. Leafy Greens- This includes both kale and spinach. They may be trending in the health world right now- and for good reason! Greens are incredibly nutritious and are a great source of vitamins and minerals.
3. Salmon- Salmon is great anchor to any meal and is loaded with healthy fats and proteins. If you're not a salmon fan, try substituting it with other healthy fish such as trout, sardines, herring and mackerel.
4. Vegetables- Although all veggies are great, try focusing on cruciferous ones such as broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage and brussel sprouts. Like all vegetables, they are high in fiber; however, these versatile veggies also have protein!
5. Chicken- protein- enough said!
6 .Boiled Potatoes- Poor potatoes have been demonized in the health community, but there are several factors that make it a great candidate for a weight loss plan! They are high in protein, potassium and are incredibly fulfilling! This means you will feel more full and eat less of other foods. You can also try sweet potatoes if you are not a fan of the white ones.
7. Tuna- Another healthy fish option! Low in calories and high in protein, this is a great option for an anchor to dinner or a sandwich.
8. Beans & Legumes- This includes lentils, black beans, kidneys, etc. This can be a bit tricky for some people, but if prepared correctly they can be delicious!
9. Soup- Adding water to your food is another great way to fill up without filling out. To avoid excessive sodium, try making your own!
10. Cottage Cheese- Calorie for calorie, this dairy product packs a punch! With little carbs, cottage cheese provides a lot of protein and calcium!
11. Avocado- Loaded with healthy fats, avocados are a perfect addition to almost any meal! Try adding them to your salads, wraps, or even eggs!
12. Apple Cider Vinegar- This is a great ingredient to a multitude of dressings and condiments and aids in feeling full. This can also reduce blood sugar spikes, leading to long term health.
13. Nuts- This is an excellent snack to keep on hand and can even increase your metabolic health. Be careful not to eat too many, as this snack is rather high on calories.
14. Whole Grains- Notably, oats, brown rice and quinoa are best. If you are aiming for a low-carb diet, maybe avoid this item- but these can be a great in moderation!
15. Chili Pepper- Chili peppers contain a substance called capsaicin, a substance shown to reduce appetite and even burn fat. The effects are especially effective if you have not built up a strong tolerance to spice.
16. Fruit- Although they contain sugar, fruits have a low energy density and add great flavor to your diet!
17. Grapefruit- Although we mentioned fruit, this one deserves its own call-out! Eating a half of grapefruit thirty minutes before a meal can help you feel more satiated and eat less.
18. Chia Seeds- Another trending item, chia seeds are worth the hype! Chia is one of the best sources of fiber you can eat, and actually absorb water in your stomach to make you feel more full.
19. Coconut Oil- One of our personal favorites, coconut oil has been shown to boost satiety and is a source of medium chain fatty acids.
20. Yogurt- Yogurt contains probiotic bacteria to improve digestive functions, leading to better long term health.
Coconut oil may boost your metabolism by increasing energy expenditure, raising basal body temperatures and accelerating the loss of other fats inside the body.