Coconut Oil Popcorn
This is a recipe for stove-style popcorn. You can either cook the kernels on a traditional stove or use an air popper. Either way, add a couple of tablespoons of Skinny Coconut Oil and a pinch of salt for a flavor-rich and sweet punch of popcorn flavor!
A truly enjoyable snack without the guilt – so healthy and tasty!
- Skinny Coconut Oil
- popcorn kernels
- sea salt
- Plop some Skinny Coconut Oil into a stovetop pan of choice. You want enough coconut oil so that it melts and cover the entire bottom of the pan at about 1/8 of an inch thickness.
- Keeping the cover off, let it melt down completely.
- Once melted, add enough popcorn kernels to cover the entire bottom of the pan, so that the kernels are just covered in the oil.
- Place the cover and wait for the kernels to start popping, which should take about 2 or 3 minutes. Once they start popping furiously, give the pan a good shake or two to be sure all the kernels are saturated. Once the popping slows down to a few seconds between each pop, shut off the heat and let it sit on the stove for a minute.
- Remove cover, pour into the largest bowl you own and sprinkle all over with sea salt. If you really love coconut, you could sprinkle unsweetened finely shredded coconut over it as well.
The ingredients are less processed and overall, healthier for you and your family. Enjoy!