Quinoa is high in protein, gluten-free and comes in different forms. Just like corn, it can be puffed or rolled into flakes or you can buy it whole. This makes it a great alternative to granola as a crunchy snack and a healthy alternative to chips or candy. When cooked with coconut oil quinoa can have a delicious flavor.
- 1 tablespoon Skinny Coconut Oil
- 1½ cups quinoa, rinsed well
- 1 13.5-oz. can unsweetened coconut milk
- a teaspoon of kosher salt
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Add quinoa and cook, stirring often, until golden, about 5 minutes.
- Add coconut milk, salt, and 1 and ½ cups water and stir to combine.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat, cover, and simmer until quinoa is tender and liquid is evaporated, 20–25 minutes.
- Let sit 10 minutes.
- Fluff with a fork.