If you don't like the taste of coconut oil, there are still many ways to incorporate coconut oil into your diet.
Extra-virgin coconut oil (VCO) like Skinny Coconut Oil is 100% raw food. As such, it might have a stronger scent and taste than refined, bleached and deodorized (RBD) coconut oil. This is palatable to some but a bit too strong for others. There are consumers who switch to RBD coconut oil so they can “tolerate” coconut oil in their diet. But what they are actually doing is cheating themselves in getting the FULL benefit of extra virgin coconut oil.
There are ways to incorporate coconut oil into your diet even if you have trouble with its taste, smell, or texture.
6 Alternative Ways to Ingest Coconut Oil
- Blended Drinks - Coffee, tea, and juices blend the coconut oil enough for it to emulsify. This creates a creamy and rich (not oily) consistency. You wouldn't even taste it! However, sometimes the smell is still there, but if that bothers you, try using a travel mug to prevent the smell.
- In Smoothies - This is a great method for children to get their daily diet of coconut oil. It is easy to hide its taste and texture just make sure that it is added slowly while your smoothie is being blended. You can heat your coconut oil under warm water until it barely melts so that it doesn’t clump.
- In Snacks or Treats - Baked goods, granola, popcorn are perfect opportunities to replace butter or vegetable oil with coconut oil. When you bake, it is a 1:1 ratio so you don’t have to do any adjustments, and neither does your palate! Some people report that food can even taste "less burnt".
- In Cooking - Most users of coconut oil have made it their cooking oil of choice. They cook every dish they make coconut oil. They claim it’s more fragrant and flavorful, especially with stir-fried vegetables. Part of this is due to the high "smoke point" of coconut oil, which is the point at which it begins to burn.
- In Mayonnaise - Try making homemade mayonnaise! You just need to mix coconut oil in with your eggs, salt, and olive oils to create a fresh batch of coconut oil-based mayonnaise. In the process you'll receive a great dose of good kind of fats without artificial additives and ingredients!
- Capsules - While we don't currently offer coconut oil in capsules, we are exploring the idea. We eventually want to be able to get coconut oil in capsule form so one can take it as food without the small, taste, or texture. However, this is just being developed and not available from us yet.
Try Skinny Coconut Oil
Curious about coconut oil, how it tastes and if it does deliver as many benefits as most of its user claim it to do? Try Skinny Coconut Oil. It is 100% guaranteed pure, extra virgin coconut oil. It will change your life! Our virgin coconut oil is never heated, which is how it fully retain its natural properties.